Monday, June 27, 2011

Chick Pee

Posted by Jenni

Sorry we haven't been around much lately; what with finishing our degrees, adopting kittens, and working to afford our thrifty finds, we haven't found time to post!
Here's just a fun read from me to you about one of the inconveniences of clothing. I'm off to vintage shop (http://www.rockitagain.com/) with Look contributor Jared Dawdy.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Chick Pee

Have you ever used the restroom at an amusement park, museum, or concert? If so, you'll know what I mean when I say that the length of the line at the ladies' room is worse than customs when leaving Amsterdam. Why?

Five Items of Clothing Which Make Peeing Almost Impossible

-A prom dress. Prom typically takes a long-ass time to happen somewhere Far Away from Your House. That means you are stuck with an embarrassing dilemma - risk tossing your tulle and skewing your demurely disguised underwear, or holding it. My sophomore year, prom was on a boat. I was really, really thirsty when I got home.

-Button-fly jeans. I'm not sure why they even make button-fly jeans, because in the heat of the moment, you risk yanking the buttons off, which is sure to bring you plenty of "XYZ, dude. X Y Z." This could work to your advantage if it's April Fools Day, but it probably won't be.

-Anything tardy. Leotards. One-pieces. Tutus. Anything in one piece that requires a locker room. The advantage of this is that everyone else has to do it too, so you're not naked all by your lonesome. It must be hard for Lady Gaga.

-An apartment owned by someone of the opposite sex. Especially when you're tryna holla.

-A romper/jumper with tights. I made this mistake only this past semester and as a result, I had to get completely naked in the English building to pee. I would not recommend this sober. Drunk, it's understandable. Sober, it's cold.

So the next time you're waiting in line at a restroom, try to open your heart to those poor women who decided to dress up like the Little Mermaid that day.

XOXO,
Jenni

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was gonna be a play on words for "chickpea" but nope, it was really about chick pee!
    :-P

    ReplyDelete